Now expired but we’ll let you know when this deal is up & running once more later in the year.
London Midland Great Escape Train Tickets
Fancy a cheap day out on a budget; check out London Midland’s Great Escape deal that’s running from 7 – 19 April 2015 & includes part of the Easter break for many families. This deal offers off peak unlimited access to the London Midland’s rail network for £15 an adult, (Mon – Thurs) or £20 an adult, (Fri-Sun).
For double discounts, use your railcard to gain a further reduction on prices too!
The rail network includes;
- Milton Keynes
- Stratford upon Avon
You will need to download a voucher to present to station ticket staff either on the day or in advance of your planned visit. Vouchers will be available to download from 30 March 2015.
Tips to Make the Most of the London Midland Great Escape Deal
1. Station Parking Costs; remember to take into account parking charges when planning your day out. It can be worth selecting a quieter train station with has reduced/free parking charges. Alternatively, leave a little later as many station car parks offer reduced rates from around 10am.
2. Travel Restrictions; there are a number of travel restriction in place with this offer, (many relate to travelling to or from London), so worth checking out the small print.
3. Use the Weekends; this can reduce your parking charges although London Midland have now introduced a higher rate tariff & restrictions on direct trains into London on Saturdays.
4. Closer destinations could be wise; the London Midland deal tends to run on the slower trains that make more local stops en-route. Whilst this opens up the quieter stations, (see tips to reduce parking fees above), it does mean your journey time can be lengthy. It’s worth calculating your journey times in advance and either selecting destinations of a shorter distance or have of plan of action in place to keep the children entertained on a longer journey!
With even more travel restrictions now in place for trips in & out of London, this deal might be best suited for trips away from London.
5. Pack a Picnic; a great way to use up some time and avoid paying out for unnecessary expenses.
6. Double Deals; use your railcard for further reductions.
7. Even more savings; carry on with the deals once you have arrived & check back with Topdogdays on current deals & discounts for visitor attractions.