Snibston Discovery Museum
Snibston Discovery Museum in Leicestershire is an interactive visitor attraction with an affordable ticket price to boot.
Established on 1992 following the closure of the colliery, Snibston Discovery Museum’s main attractions include an adventure playground, an extensive waterplay area, a guided colliery tour by former miner, (additional charge) & an interactive indoor area.
Cheap Tickets to Snibston Discovery Museum
1. Stay Play Explore Short Break for Discounted Entry to Snibston
This Short Break Package includes a night in a 3 or 4 star hotel plus family entry to 3 visitor attractions in and around Leicestershire for just £129 per family. This package includes family entry to any 3 of the following 5 visitor attractions;
- National Space Centre
- Twinlakes Parks
- Twycross Zoo
Included within your package is a family overnight stay in a 3 or 4 star hotel & breakfast…all in for just £129 per family! Larger families accommodated at an additional charge.
More details available at Stay Play Explore Family Fun Short Break.
More Snibston Discovery Museum Information
2. Late Entry Ticket to Snibston Discovery Museum
Not many people realise that Snibston offers a late entry ticket from 3pm on days when the Discovery Museum is open until 5pm. This late entry deal offers half price tickets after 3pm so great for a later trip out. Unfortunately, this late entry ticket offer does not include family tickets or other concessions.
3. Cheap Tickets for Snibston; Flexible Family Tickets & Season Tickets
Great to see that Snibston Discovery Museum offers a range of discounted family tickets that will suit families of all sizes. Worth noting that the Snibston season ticket includes free colliery tours & train rides as well as unlimited access to attraction all year long.
Keep an eye out for some unusual events that take place during the year with concessions for season ticket holders.
Top Tips for Snibston
1. Picnics; are welcome & there are plenty of picnic tables available around the adventure play area. In wetter weather try the picnic area located with in an old train carriage.
2. Lockers; whilst there are no lockers available, the car park is just a short distance from the attraction.
3. Parking; great to see FREE parking at Snibston.
4. Gift shop; if you are looking avoid the gift shop, take the children out the exit from the Fashion Gallery that by-passes the gift shop.
5. Snibston Country Park; next door you’ll find Snibston Country Park, (FREE to enter) that provides a range of short walking & cycling paths up to 2km in distance. Why not hitch up the bikes and enjoy some time in the Country Park during your visit.
6. Remember the spare clothes as the children are likely to enjoy the water play area!
More Snibston Information
Colliery Tours at Snibston
An absolute must is the colliery tour at Snibston. This guided tour around the old colliery buildings by former miners, is a fantastic experience for young & old alike. The guides bring the colliery to life once more with their tales of old & have an amazing ability to engage with young children.
On our recent visit to Snibston, we took three children, (aged between 7 &12 years), around the tour and they all came away inspired from the experience….and learnt a thing or too as well.
Whilst there is a small additional charge for the colliery tour, it’s certainly well worth it.
Please note that this colliery tour does not go underground. Tours are generally available weekends & during the school holidays but wise to check before you set out.