1. Online Discounts for London Eye
Often, the best deals for the London Eye can be found when booking online where you can take advantage of early bird offers & online discounted ticket offers.
Booking online can secure you up to a 20% discount off standard ticket prices plus fastrack ticket upgrades that help you beat the queues. Purchasing tickets in advance also comes with the added attraction of bypassing the first queue of the day that builds at the ticket booths, (standard ticket holders will still need to queue to gain entry).
Top Tips for the London Eye
The London Eye is one of the more popular attractions in London but there are still ways & means to keep your queue times down. Simply follow our top tips for the London Eye packed with queue-busting ideas to reduce wait times plus hints & tips to help you get the most from your visit.
2. London Eye; 2 for 1 Vouchers
The London Eye is currently running a 2 for 1 voucher for those that travel by train that is valid until 30 April 2016. Simply download a voucher and present it, with your valid train tickets, on the day of your visit. This 2 for 1 voucher offers 1 FREE adult or child when accompanied by a full paying adult and cannot be used in conjunction with online discounts/any other promotion.
More details available at London Eye 2 for 1 Voucher.
Affordable Accommodation in London?
If the London Eye is just one stop on your trip to London, then finding affordable accommodation is likely to be a priority. We tend to use TripAdvisor that is packed with 1000’s of reviews from fellow travellers including the 10 best London hotel deals from TripAdvisor that can help you combine value for money with peace of mind.
You can find more cheap ticket options for the London Eye below including discounted senior tickets & combination tickets.
3. London Eye; Senior Discounts
The London Eye offers senior discounted tickets at select times of the year for those aged 60 years & above. These cheaper tickets are available from Monday to Friday but are not valid during July or August nor available during any weekend.
This option is only available on standard price tickets but does offer a cheaper option for those that can be flexible on when they visit plus the queues are likely to be down too!
London on a Budget
Whilst the London Eye is not included within the London Pass, this sightseeing pass does include entry to 60+ top attractions in London plus fastrack entry to popular settings such as the Tower of London & Windsor Castle. Opting for a city sightseeing card can save you both time & money on a trip to London.
Find out more details below on other London Eye offers including combination tickets for those planning to visit a number of London attractions.
4. Combination Tickets; London Eye, Madame Tussauds + 2
For those planning to visit a number of London attractions, it can be worth investing in combined entry tickets to the London Eye that offers a substantial discount off standard price tickets.
With a range of combination packages available, you can add a trip to Madame Tussauds, Shrek’s Adventure, the London Dungeon or Sea Life London Aquarium to your flight on the London Eye. This option can offer value for money for those planning a few days in the city.
5. Fastrack Tickets for the London Eye
If you are looking to beat the queues at the London Eye, then worth considering a fastrack ticket that allows you to bypass the standard ticket line by gaining access through a separate priority entrance. This option works well for those that don’t mind paying a higher ticket price to avoid the worst of the queues at this popular London attraction.
For those on a budget, take a look at our alternative London attractions or views of London on a budget packed with great money saving ideas. You can also find below details on one option for FREE entry for the London Eye!
6. Free Tickets to London Eye; Open House London
Here’s a chance to pick up FREE tickets to the London Eye under Open House London that runs each September. This event offers FREE access to hundreds of London settings including the London Eye during one weekend a year! Whilst this event has now taken place for 2015, we’ll bring you more details as they come in for 2016.
7. The London Eye; Merlin Pass
If you plan to visit a number of Merlin Attractions during the year, it can be worth investing in a Merlin Pass that includes entry to the London Eye, LEGOLAND Windsor, Warwick Castle & Madame Tussauds. Although a standard Merlin Pass is not valid at the London Eye during busy times, (excludes bank holidays, August, 14 February or 29-31 October 2015), a Premium Merlin Pass is valid throughout the year.
8. London Eye Deals; Tesco Clubard Vouchers
Whilst you cannot use clubcard vouchers to secure London Eye tickets, Tesco shoppers can pick up a 12 month standard Merlin Pass that includes entry to the London Eye plus a range of other attractions including LEGOLAND Windsor & Sea Life Centres. There is also the option of upgrade to a Premium Merlin Pass for around an additional £50 in cash too.
9. London Eye Free Adult Entry Voucher, (expired)
The FREE Adult Entry voucher on promotional packets of Kellogg’s cereals is unfortunately no longer valid on the London Eye, (although it is available for use at other Merlin attractions such as LEGOLAND Windsor & Madame Tussauds until 30 June 2016). We’ll let you know if a similar offer from Kellogg’s runs again during 2016 for the London Eye.
If you are planning a budget trip to London, you no doubt have come across the sightseeing pass that offers discounted entry to over 60 top London attractions, but have you come across the 10 best cheap hotels in London from TripAdvisor that’s packed with reviews from fellow travellers too for peace of mind.
Follow our top tips for the London Eye below to make the most of your visit to this popular attraction.
Top Tips for the London Eye
1. This is one attraction it is very difficult to find much of a discount especially at peak times. Often your best bet is to book online in advance to take advantage of discounts of up to 20% off standard price tickets.
2. The London Eye is becoming an iconic landmark in the city but it’s still worth remembering to opt for a clear day. Don’t forget to check the weather forecast before you visit.
3. This is a very busy attraction so it can also be worth planning a visit first thing in the morning to avoid the inevitable queues or alternatively consider a fastrack ticket that allows you to bypass the queues.
4. Weigh up potential savings you can make when using a 2 for 1 voucher for the London Eye against increased queue times during busy times. Voucher holders will need to purchase tickets on the day and so will need to join the inevitable queue at the ticket booths. Those with online tickets can avoid this queue.
5. Passholders should keep an eye out for restrictions on use at the London Eye for those with a standard Merlin Pass. Restrictions include no entry to the London Eye during the month of August, bank holidays & other select dates during the year. Premium Merlin Passholders have no restrictions on use.
6. Why not combine a trip to the London Eye with a budget trip on the River Thames using the Thames Clipper commuter ferry or take a tour of the Houses of Parliament by simply walking across Westminster Bridge.
We’ve plenty of other top tips for the London Eye packed with more ways to beat the queues & enjoy your visit.
Free Trip on the London Eye
From time to time, London Eye runs time limited free entry offers although you have to be quick to take advantage of these deals. Previously we’ve seen free rotations offered on the first hour of re-opening, (following its annual maintenance closure) & also to Kate & Wills couples, (after the birth of a royal baby).
Keep checking back to see if they run further offers later this year.
London to Paris By Bike?
The Avenue Verte runs from London Eye to Notre Dame in Paris and offers cyclists a planned 250 mile route between these 2 capital cities through sleepy villages & beautiful countryside. We’ve tried this out for ourselves and you can see our review of Avenue Verte with a few top tips & hints to help you plan your journey.
Remember if you are looking for good quality accommodation in London that you can rely on then check out TripAdvisor. Packed with 1000’s of reviews from fellow including listings for the 10 best hotel deals in London from TripAdvisor.