You can pick up FREE entry to Birmingham Thinktank’s Science Garden…if you visit after 3pm each day.
This is a great chance to enjoy an afternoon visit on a budget and we’ve been along recently to put it to the test.
More details available at Free Entry to Thinktank’s Science Garden.
Travel by train on the day of your visit & you can take advantage of a 30% discount on admission charges at Birmingham Thinktank. Simply download a voucher and present with your train tickets on the day of your visit to gain reduce priced tickets.
More details available at Cheap Tickets to Birmingham Thinktank.
Birmingham Thinktank; Late Entry Discount
Visit weekdays during term time and you can pick up discounted entry to Birmingham Thinktank from 3pm. Simply turn up on the day and you can secure entry for just £3 per person.
Whilst this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer it is a great way to enjoy up to 2 hours of fun if you can be flexible on when you visit.
You can redeem your Tesco Clubcard Vouchers against admission charges at Birmingham Thinktank.
Each £2.50 in clubcard vouchers can be redeemed for £10 off entrance charges so for regular Tesco shoppers this can be quite a saving. You also have the option of part or full payment for complete flexibility.
Birmingham Thinktank; Teen Takeover
Each year, Birmingham Thinktank offers FREE entry to children, 13-19 years, as part of the Kids In Museums Takeover Day that takes places every November. Those age 13-16 years can visit the museum unaccompanied too if an adult has completed an under 16′s registration form.
Whilst this event has taken place for 2014, we’ll bring you more details for 2015 as they come in.
Top Tips for Birmingham Thinktank
1. Make use of the cloakroom located close the Thinktank entrance. Whilst this is an unsupervised area, it does offer an area to store non-valuable items. The cloakroom is free to use on quieter days although there maybe a small charge at peak times.
2. There are a number of lockers available for use located by the indoor water play area on level 2. You will need a, (refundable) £1 coin to operate the lockers that provide ample space for picnics & bulky belongings.
3. Picnics are welcome at Birmingham Thinktank where they provide an extensive indoor lunch area on level zero for your convenience.
4. Worth packing some spare clothing for this setting as there are both indoor & outdoor water play features that most children quickly make a beeline for.
5. The Planetarium is included without your ticket price & can become full quite quickly on busy days. Worth checking out the times of the planetarium shows and making your way to the area prior to show start times to avoid disappointment.
6. Remember that the Science Garden is open to the public for FREE from 3pm each day.
Thinktank & Promotions
Whilst Thinktank doesn’t tend to run too many promotions, previously we have seen the following special offers;
- Free entry to Birmingham Thinktank for Teenagers, (Nov 2014)
- Free entry for volunteers offering feedback, (August)
- 10p entry as part of Thinktank’s 10th Birthday celebrations.
Keep checking back for more Thinktank promotions.