What Attractions Are Included Within a Merlin Pass?
A Merlin Pass includes entry to all of the following visitor attractions;
- Alton Towers
- Thorpe Park
- Chessington World of Adventures
- Legoland Windsor
- Warwick Castle
- London Eye
- Dungeons; London, York & Edinburgh
- Sea Life Centres
- Legoland Discovery Centre
- Madame Tussauds; London & Blackpool
- Blackpool Tower; Eye, Circus & Ballroom
- Weymouth Sea Life Tower
Overnight Breaks at Merlin Attractions
A Standard Merlin Pass or A Premium Merlin Pass?
The main differences between a Standard & Premium Merlin Pass are linked to parking charges & entry restrictions.
A Premium Merlin Pass gives you UNLIMITED access to all Merlin visitor attractions subject to opening days/hours & capacity limitations. So for those that are looking for unrestricted access to Merlin Attractions around the UK, this could be for you.
Please note that the Premium Pass does not include entry to any special events or concerts & that during Thorpe Park Fright Nights, premium passholders are required to book a FREE ticket to secure entry. Shrek’s Adventure will have restricted use when first opened.
The other main perks with a Premium Merlin Pass is that it includes complimentary parking at Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Chessington, Warwick Castle & Legoland Windsor. Free parking relates to the standard car park rather than VIP parking options that are often located closer to the attraction entrance. For those that plan to visit a number of attractions during the year, this free parking perk can be value for money.
What Entry Restrictions are in Place with a Standard Merlin Pass?
Standard Merlin Annual Passes exclude the following;
- Entry to London Attractions during August, (London Eye, Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Centre, Dungeons)
- Entry to London Dungeons 29-31 October
- Entry to London Eye 14 Feb, 29-31 October
- Entry to Madame Tussauds London 14-31 May
- Additional charge for Fright Nights at Thorpe Park, (generally £5pp fee)
- Entry to The Dragon Tower or Dungeons at Warwick Castle
- Bank Holidays at London Attractions
What Parking Charges are in Place for Standard Merlin Passes?
Standard parking charges are in place for Standard Merlin Passholders.
Premium Passholders can take secure free parking at Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington, Warwick Castle & Legoland Windsor. Fee parking relates to the standard car park rather than VIP parking options that are often located closer to the attraction entrance.
Standard Passholders cannot secure any discount on parking charges and will need to stump up the standard parking charges.
What Other Passholder Perks Are There?
There are some great passholder perks available too for both Standing & Premium Passholders including;
- Early Ride Time at Alton Towers
- Discounts on ride photography
- Discounts on food, drink & souvenirs
- Alton Towers Waterpark discounts
- Discounts on Alton Towers & Legoland hotels
- Family & Friend offers & more
- Unlimited drink refills for life of your pass with drinks capsule
Can You Purchase Merlin Passes with Tesco Clubcard Vouchers?
You can purchase a Standard Merlin Pass with Tesco Clubcard Vouchers. This is a ‘pay in full’ deal where you can exchange clubcard vouchers for an individual standard Merlin Pass.
Whilst Premium Merlin Passes are not available under the clubcard scheme, you can upgrade your Merlin Pass even if the pass if purchased through clubcard vouchers.
To upgrade to a Premium Merlin Pass, simply pay an additional cash payment of around £50 per person.